#OpenDataSavesLives: Unconference 2
RAP Open Working Event @Open Innovations Workspace
#OpenDataSavesLives is driving open innovation with data. Our aim is to help reduce inequalities by creating for the first time a true network of collaborators and resources in the open.
In light of the recent release of the Goldacre Review, we are working with NHS Digital and others, taking a deep dive into reproducible analytical pipelines and how they can be universally adopted to improve processes for data processing, analysis and reporting across the health sector.
We will be hosting a whole-day event at the Open Innovations space in Leeds. We aim to do two things:-
- Showcase examples, share knowledge and use cases where RAPs have been developed, with a particular focus on the challenges teams have faced and how to resolve them. We will be hosting a series of lightning talks with potential speakers across the NHS, DHSC, ONS and others, who have been incorporating open practices into their existing work on a variety of projects.
We will be hearing from speakers from cross-governmental teams to share their own approach to RAP:
- Lucy Vickers - Introducing the DHSC approach to RAP
- Seb Fox & Georgina Anderson - Office for Health Improvement and Disparities
- Chris Roebuck, Alistair Bullward & Sam Hollings - NHS Digital
- Loes Charlton - ONS
- Building on the topics from discussions in the morning, we will hold a follow-up 'surgery' in the afternoon to give opportunities for questions and advice on specific use cases.
Speakers and instructors will be offering guidance and hands on demos based on the following themes:
- Information Governance
We encourage attendees to bring your work with you and be prepared to engage in the discussions.
By meeting in person and working in the open, we will give an opportunity to connect with new people, share work, receive guidance and feedback on projects and more. To get a better understanding of the #OpenDataSavesLives meetings so far, please visit the website where you can find recordings of previous online sessions, notes, useful articles and more.